The "Cheonggudo" map is 8.7 meters tall and 4.62 meters wide and is the largest of Korea's old maps still in existence. The map is made up of hundreds of ruled paper panels. It is twenty-nine panels high and twenty-two panels wide. The height of each panel represents a measure of 100 ri (40 kilometers), and the width represents a measure of seventy ri (28 kilometers). The rule along the edge of each panel are measured in segments of ten ri (4 kilometers). That means the map shows the length of the Korean peninsula to be about 3,000 ri, and its width to be about 1,500 ri. The scale of the map is about 1/216,000th of actual size.
In one of the scans belows, you can see that two panels were used to represent Ulleungdo. Usan (于山) was drawn about one 10 ri (4 kilometers) segment off the east coast of Ulleungdo. Koreans claim that Usando (于山島) was the old name for "Dokdo" (Liancourt Rocks), but this 1834 map shows that Usando was almost certainly Ulleungdo's neighboring island of Jukdo (竹島), which is about 2.2 kilometers off of Ulleungdo's east shore. The islands to the south of Ulleungdo were probably misdrawn since they most likely were supposed to represent the rocks off the northern shore of Ulleungdo, not the southern shore.
By the way, the Chinese text under the island labeled as "Usan" on the Ulleungdo map reads as follows:
“In the 11th year of Yeongjo (1735), Gangwon Provincial Governor Jo Choi-su reported to the king, ‘A survey of Ulleungdo has found that the land is wide and fertile, and there are signs that people have lived there. Also, to its west is Usando, which is also wide and spacious.’ The so-called “west” character is different on this map, where (Usando) is to the east.”