Below is an 1882 Japanese map of Korea called the "Shinsen Chosen Yochi Zenzu" (新撰朝船輿地全圖), by Wakabayashi Tokusaburo (若林篤三郞). The map is housed in the National Library of Korea.
A closeup of the map shows two islands and their neighboring islands off the east coast of Korea. The island nearest the Korean coastline is labeled "Takeshima, also called Ulleungdo" (竹島 一名 鬱陵島). It also has a neighboring just off its west shore labeled as "Ulsando" (亐山島), which was one of the misspellings for "Usando" (于山島). To the southeast of Takeshima is another island labeled as Matsushima (柗島), which was also written as "松島."
The map is important in the Dokdo-Takeshima debate because it shows Ulsando (亐山島) as a neighboring island of Takeshima (竹島 - Ulleungdo) while also showing a separate island much farther to the southeast labeled as "Matsushima" (柗島). Koreans claim that the Japanese believed that Usando (于山島) was the Japanese island of Matsushima, which was the old Japanese name for Liancourt Rocks; however, this map and others (1875 Japanese Map) are evidence that the Japanese believed Usando to be a neighboring island of Ulleungdo, not Liancourt Rocks.
Actually, the positions of Takeshima and Matsushima on the map are wrong. It appears the mapmaker believed Takeshima (Ulleungdo) to be the non-existent island of Argonaut, which was a mismapping of Ulleungdo by the Bristish ship Argonaut in 1789. Since the Japanese knew the Japanese island of Matsushima (Liancourt Rocks) to be southeast of Ulleungdo, the real Ulleungdo was apparently mislabeled as Matsushima. This can be verified by the shape and postion of the island labeled as Matsushima on the map.
Koreans claim that Usando (于山島) was the old Korean name for Liancourt Rocks, but this map and, in fact, all Korean and Japanese maps, shows that Usando was just a neighboring island of Ulleungdo, not Liancourt Rocks.