The map below is of the Korean island of Ulleungdo (鬱陵島). It comes from the atlas "Haedong Yeojido" (海東輿地圖), which is believed to have been made sometime between 1777 and 1787. (See the photo to the left.) Kim Jong-ho"s (金正浩) 1834 map "Cheonggudo" (靑邱圖) is believed to have been modeled on the maps in this atlas. The map and atlas are stored in the National Library of Korea.
The map was drawn on ruled paper, which gives it scale. A small island was drawn off the east shore of Ulleungdo and labeled as "Usan" (于山). Korea claims that "Usando" (于山島) was the old Korean name for "Dokdo" (Liancourt Rocks), but this map and many others show that Usando was almost certainly Ulleungdo's neighboring island of Jukdo (竹島), which is about 2.2 kilometers off Ulleungdo's east shore.
The map also shows five small islands off the southern shore of Ulleungdo, which were commonly drawn on maps of Ulleungdo during the Joseon period (1392 - 1910). However, the five islands were almost certainly a mapping error since most of Ulleungdo's "rock islets" (石島) are located off Ulleungdo's northern shore. Nevertheless, the map shows Ulleungdo with six neighboring islands, of which Usan is the most prominent.
1777-1787 Map of Ulleungdo