竹島問題の歴史

15.9.08

1917 Map of Korea 朝鮮地図


This map, 朝鮮地図, was made by 朝鮮総督府 - the office of Governor-General of Korea in 1917, the 6th year of Taisho (大正6年). Although Liancourt Rocks were already incorporated 12 years before (1905) and Korea was already annexed 7 years before (1910), this map is still interesting.







Pro-Korean scholars are always saying that Japan "annexed" Liancourt Rocks which were originally Korean islands as a preliminary annexation. But if their insistence were correct and Japan robbed Korean islands, the islands should have been included in the "Map of Korea". However, actually Liancourt Rocks were not included in this map. These rocks were not recognised as Korean land from the beginning.
[Click the map to enlarge]



・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
・・・・・・・・
・・・・・・・・
Ulleungdo is labeled as 欝陵島. There are names of 中峰 (the name of a mountain) and 道洞 (Dodong). It seems that there was a line (ship route) from the bay of 竹辺(竹邊) - 迎日湾欝陵島線. Ulleungdo which had been an island of 江原道 in the past was now within the jurisdiction of 慶尚北道.
[Click the map to enlarge]



・・・・・・・・・・・・
・・・・・・・・・・・・
The flipside of the map is a kind of guidebook called "A guide to recent Korea (最近朝鮮案内)". According to the "guide", population of Korea was as follows: 内地人 (Japanese) 320, 938 with 90, 350 families, Koreans 16, 309, 179 with 3, 072, 092 families, Foreigners 18, 012 with 4920 families.

No comments:

Post a Comment