- The final report by Takeshima Research Group (Japanese) was uploaded to this site.
- New Takeshima educational brochure (Japanese) was uploaded on Shimane prefecture site. The name is "Come back Takeshima! It's island and the sea"
竹島問題啓発資料「竹島 かえれ 島と海」
- July 04 - "邑南で韓国主張覆す竹島地図見つかる" - 山陰中央新報 (San-in Chuo Shinpo) cache
A copy of a map by Nagakubo Sekisui, which shows Takeshima (today's Ulleungdo) and Matsushima (today's Takeshima/Liancourt Rocks) coloured in the same red as the Japanese mainland, has recently been found in Shimane. Mr. Tsukamoto, from National Diet Library in Japan, confirmed that the original 1789 map, which is stored in the library, has the same colour on both islands. It proved that Nagakubo recognised both islands as Japanese territory, and he didn't intend to exclude nor recognise those as Choson territory in his 1779 map in which he left both islands were left uncoloured.
- July 05 - "島根出身の韓国抑留経験者が竹島研究顧問に証言" - 山陰中央新報 (San-in Chuo Shinpo) cache
The former captain of a Japanese fishing boat who was illegally captured and detained in Korea by Korean the navy for three and a half years has testified how viciously a Korean military ship raked the Japanese civilian (fishery boats) with machine-gun fire to threaten them. He was appalled to hear the head engineer of the Korean naval vessel say, "It's going to be a massacre," while they were still machine-gunning two Japanese fishing boats.
- Aug 04 - "「竹島」描いた海図の複写見つかる" - 山陰中央新報 (San-in Chuo Shinpo) cache
A copy of an 1897 British sea chart, which showed Liancourt Rocks (Takeshima) off the Japanese coast, was found in Shimane. The original (which is missing) was given to the Waki (和木) villagers by the sailors of the Russian naval ship, Irtysh, as a token of their gratitude for their rescue. A total of 235 lives were saved from the sinking Russian vessel.
- Aug 04 - "24日に「Ｗｅｂ竹島問題研究所」が初会議" - 山陰中央新報 (San-in Chuo Shinpo) cache
The new organization, "WEB Takeshima Research Center," will hold their first conference on 24th of this month.
- Aug 23 - "島根県が竹島啓発用パンフ製作" - 山陰中央新報 (San-in Chuo Shinpo) cache
A new brochure designed to educate the public on Takeshima has been published by Shimane Prefecture. The brochure was written based on the research of the Takeshima Research Group.
- Aug 25 - " 「Ｗｅｂ竹島研究所」が始動 " - 山陰中央新報 (San-in Chuo Shinpo) cache
"The WEB Takeshima Research Center" began operations on the 24th of this month. The web site will present objective information on Takeshima [Liancourt Rocks], so that visitors from all over the world can learn and understand the issues. They will present newly discovered information, and the staff will answer visitors questions or objections.
- Aug 25 - "隠岐で「竹島の領土権確立を求める集い」 " - 山陰中央新報 (San-in Chuo Shinpo) cache
A meeting was held in Oki on the 25th of Auguest to urge the establishment of territorial rights over Takeshima. It was planned by the Japan Trade Union Confederation and Shimane Prefecture. Two hundred people attended the meeting to adopt an urgent appeal to the government to immediately install an organization that would have jurisdiction over the Takeshima issue.
- Aug 27 - "平田でＪＣが竹島問題勉強会" - 山陰中央新報 (San-in Chuo Shinpo) cache
The Junior Chamber International of Japan held a study session in Shimane, where Professor Shimojou was invited to help people understand how to solve the Takeshima issue.