- May 20 - "Welcoming the describing Takeshima as inherent part of Japanese territory" - 中国新聞(Chugoku Shinbun) cache
- May 20 - "Shimane Prefecture started classes for Takeshima issue in Matsue" - 中国新聞(Chugoku Shinbun) cache
50 people attended the first class which were held in the prefecture library in the Matsue city. Mr. Sugihara, a former sub-chairman of Takeshima Research Center and currently an advisor of Shimane Prefecture's Takeshima Research Group, was the first lecturer and explained Takeshima issue. He explained that Usando, which Korea claims as the old name of Takeshima/Dokdo, is not today's Takeshima, but Jukdo, which locates right east to Ulleungdo. He also explained that Ahn Yong-bok's testimony, who came to Japan in 17 century and claimed made Tottori clan recognize Ulelungdo and Takeshima/Dokdo as Choson territory, has no ground to be true since the Lord of Tottori was apparently absent then. The 9 classes of the course will be held until Takeshima Day next year and the certificate of the completion will be handed to whom attended more than 6 classes.
- May 23 - "Shimane Prefecture is going to publish an original sub-teaching material for Takeshima issue for Japanese schools" - 中国新聞(Chugoku Shinbun) cache
Shimane Prefecture, prefecture educational commitee, and Takeshima and northern territories restoration conference are going to publish the teaching material and prefecture assists one million yen funds for this project. The Okinoshima Town's educational commitee in Oki had already made sub-teaching material, including historical details of Takeshima in fiscal year 2006.
- May 24 - "7 Japanese textbooks now in use describes Takeshima as Japanese territory." - 朝鮮日報(Choson Online) cache
According to the Korean National Daily Report(国民日報), 7 Japanese textbooks now in use (3 high school geography, 3 junior high school civics, and 1 JH geography) clearly described Takeshima as Japanese territory. 3 Civics JH textbooks publishers are Tokyo Shoseki(東京書籍), Osaka Shoseki(大阪書籍), and the Fuso Co.(扶桑社), and they make 74.4% of Japanese Junior High School students are currently using text books which clearly describe Takeshima as Japanese own territory. (Note by kaneganese : All of the Atlas books used in Japanese JH schools clearly depict Takeshima as Japanese territory.)
- May 24 - "【Editorial】 It is a matter of course for describing Takeshima as an inherent part of the territory of Japan in textbooks - 産経新聞(Sankei Shinbun) cache
- May 27 - "It is not decided yet if Takeshima is going to be described in manual for teachers's handbook" - 共同通信(Kyodo News Agency) cache
- June 6 - "Shimane Prefecture demands Takeshima to be described clearly in textbooks." - 毎日新聞(Mainichi Shinbun) cache
On 5th June, governor of Shimane Prefecture, Mizoguchi Zenbee, visited the vice-minister of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology over the manual for the teachers' guideline for the new textbooks, and demanded them to describe Takeshima as a Japanese territory clearly.
- June 24 - "Web Takeshima Research Center staff held a meeting in Matsue" - 毎日新聞(Mainichi Shinbun) cache
Mr. Tsukamoto explained the recent result of the ICJ case of Pedra Branca_Pulau Batu Puteh, Middle Rocks and South Ledge between Singapore and Malaysia, and concluded that the critical date of the dispute would be 1953, the year when Korea set Lee line which included Takeshima/Dokdo within their territory and Japan, on the other hand set official claim against Korea. He pointed out that in that case, the result would favour Japan who officially incorporated Takeshima into Shimane Prefecture in 1905. He also explained that Japanese government need to refute against Korean claim timely because Malaysia's having neglected an appropriate rebuttal became one of the causes of lost.
- June 24 - "A lecture meeting for the territorial issue was held in Matsue" - 産経新聞 (Sankei Shimbun) cache (Korean article)
The lecture meeting for Takeshima, which South Korea is continuing the illegal occupancy was held in the Matsue city on the 24th. A writer Sato Masaru (佐藤優), a MOFA official who is taking prosecution leave, talked with the assembly member of the House of Representatives, Suzuki Muneo(鈴木宗男) who works on Northern Territories issue. They declaimed "It is same situation as Japanese humane rights and the national authority of Japan were violated, just like the abduction issue. If this situation cannot be recovered, Japan doesn't take the form of the nation. Rep. Suzuki said that he is going to take this issue seriously just like Northern Territory issue as possible he can.